Wednesday, September 5, 2018

II V I ETUDE - Using a composed idea in a solo

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while. I have been very busy on this side, but here I am...

I've been getting a lot of questions on different topics and I decided to begin a series of videos in which I will cover a plethora of concepts such as jazz theory, music technology, recording and mixing, composition and arranging, etc.

On the first video (watch it here) I use a jazz-oriented idea on a II V I in major with the altered V7 and apply it in the context of jazz fusion. Although in this particular video I don't dive too deep into the theory and nuances of the material, it will give you an idea of how you can use an existing idea and incorporate it into a solo. In subsequent videos I will explain in detail this and many other topics.

Please subscribe to my blog (http://socratesgarcia.blogspot.com), my youtube channel, and my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/socratesgarciamusic/) so you can receive notifications when I upload new videos. And if you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.

You can download the backing track, PDF, and Guitar 7 Pro file here:

Materials for II V I ETUDE 1

I hope you enjoy this first video and can apply these concepts to your own music.




Peace,
S



No comments:

Post a Comment

  Nuestro Primer Libro Infantil, Del Otro Lado de la Calle, Esta Disponible!!! Wanda se inspiró en mi composición "From Across the Stre...