Wednesday, July 8, 2015

JEN 2016

Hi all,

I'm super excited and honored to announce that the Socrates Garcia Latin Jazz Orchestra have been invited to perform at the 2016 Jazz Education Network conference in Louisville, KY (January, 2016). We'll be performing the music I wrote for jazz orchestra using genres from the Dominican Republic including merengue, bachata, and palos, in addition to other Afro-Caribbean pieces. It is a great ensemble and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

I was also invited to present a clinic on the some of that music and the way I'm fusing my Dominican heritage with the large jazz ensemble. The clinic is entitled "Latin Jazz with a Dominican Tinge." 

Did I mention that I'm super excited about doing this performance and also the clinic? 

The UNC Jazz Faculty Quartet will also be performing. This is Dana Landry on piano, Erik Applegate on bass, Jim White on drums, and Steve Kovalcheck on guitar. 

UNC's Vocal Lab, directed by Kerry Marsh will also be performing at the conference. 

Come and check these performances out, it will be a lot of fun!!!

I will be adding more information as it develops.

Peace to all,

S



No comments:

Post a Comment

  Nuestro Primer Libro Infantil, Del Otro Lado de la Calle, Esta Disponible!!! Wanda se inspiró en mi composición "From Across the Stre...